THE EYE TEST
On the LEFT: The way athletes have looked for years.
On the RIGHT: The way athletes look now.
Just good, old-fashioned, hard work, right?Holy shit, there are no more white guys playing professional sports in 2013…That’s a good catch!
Not sure what Gotemcoach is trying to imply, especially with throwing in a Barry Bonds pic (very slick, Jack), but athletes back in the day didn’t have the training or science that we have today.
Medical science didn’t care about training or prevention. They also didn’t have a fraction of the knowledge about the human body, how it works and how to improve it that we have now. Also, nutritional science has taken a giant leap over the last 25 years.
Athletes back then didn’t even have the time or money that guys have today. For the longest time “professional athletes” were also part-time athletes. Many had day jobs or off season jobs to be able to actually support their families.
Today’s athlete makes millions and has no other career to focus on other than his sport. They can afford to pay not just a single trainer but many specialized trainers and doctors to help craft their bodies into purpose built machines.
We’re well past the point where athletes rely on medical science to help them and we’ve long entered an era where sports and athletes are the ones pushing that science. Their demand, dedication, investment and money is helping fuel testing and innovation and helping deliver the results to the rest of humanity.
You shouldn’t frown upon LeBron’s god-like physique or Kaepernick’s sculpted abs. You should be thankful for it.
- one-wealthy-fuck likes this
- gorgeousmuslimah likes this
- shijianjianyan likes this
- yambajuice likes this
- shit-got-real-4-real reblogged this from nbaoffseason and added:
- rdruben likes this
- yourblackninja likes this
- mizzkiki134 likes this
- kevsdead likes this
- la-nena-fihu likes this
- our-jamaal likes this
- jessicac9698 likes this
- hent-epta reblogged this from nbaoffseason
- hent-epta likes this
- yifeimi likes this
- miajscott96 likes this
- steff2yshy reblogged this from nbaoffseason and added:
- kennymension likes this
- darkunicornsparadise likes this
- bloods-red answered: i think that the athletes now look a lot more fit
- barondavisneckbeard answered: they do know how to eat, do more work for flexibility like yoga and pilates. Lifting weights has helped more guys look like Nate Thurmond.
- magnolia4weddings likes this
- letsfrantzlouis likes this
- 23mambo reblogged this from nbaoffseason
- hoilcuoredipietra likes this
- themegabestfriendsblog likes this
- akva114 likes this
- theyusiclabo likes this
- simogkush likes this
- ms-aprilm likes this
- dachviews likes this
- vanvansalltheway likes this
- qrypticc likes this
- dinabacon likes this
- dac-9 reblogged this from gotemcoach
- dac-9 likes this
- atlast-r likes this
- piggbearrie likes this
- bahra123 likes this
- impsawsm likes this
- houtexusa likes this
- danielyeh likes this
- in-needofnewusername reblogged this from nbaoffseason and added:
- lopalop reblogged this from gotemcoach
- gunner42069 likes this
- gdoubleodgood likes this
- ieathypebeasts reblogged this from gotemcoach
- pandanatalie likes this
- yaness likes this