Now that we’ve gotten 8 2/3 innings of perfect pitching out of the way we are on to a full slate of MLB games. Here is how all 15 contests rank:
1) Giants at Dodgers, 7:10 PDT - Each team has shut out the other to start the season and today it Tim “Where Did My Hair Go” Lincecum vs. Josh “So Glad I’m Not on the Red Sox” Beckett. And as an added bonus: Vin Scully.
2) Angels at Reds, 7:10 EDT - The Angels won in 13 innings on Opening Day, 3-1. The odds are low that we’ll have another pitchers’ duel in the home run-friendly Great American Ballpark with these two lineups is unlikely.
3) Orioles at Rays, 7:10 EDT - Yesterday, the Orioles roughed up the Rays’ bullpen for five runs in the 7th. The AL East rivalry continues with a matchup between the O’s Wei-Yun Chen and the Rays’ Jeremy Hellickson. Again any matchup in this division that’s exciting and doesn’t involve teams from Boston or New York is great.
4) Cardinals at D’Backs, 6:40 PDT - Not the pitching duels that our top game has but another split series that will be decided this evening. Brandon McCarthy has his first start for the D’Backs. The only shame is he can’t tweet while pitching. (@BMcarthy32)
5) Phillies at Braves, 7:10 EDT - Although any intra-divisional contest has some interest it’s the Phillies’ start that adds a little bit more to this matchup. Roy Halladay has his first start of 2013. Doc had a un-Halladay-like season in 2012 and did not perform well in March. Phillies’ fans (and Braves’ hitters) are interested to see who shows up on the mound.
6) Red Sox at Yankees, 7:05 EDT - Until either team is actually eliminated from the playoffs, this rivalry will earn a top ten ranking. The Red Sox walked all over the Yankees on Monday afternoon. Hiroki Kuroda starts in pinstripes coming off career highs in wins, innings, and Ks in 2012. Clay Bucholz did not have a great 2012 and went 0-2 with a 15.26 ERA against the Bombers last season.
7) Mariners at A’s, 7:05 PDT - The A’s have managed 1 run and 7 hits in 18 innings against the Mariners in their first two games.
8) Royals at White Sox, 1:10 CDT - The White Sox’ Chris Sale picked up where he left off last season winning a 1-0 gem against the Royals and their new acquisition, James Shields. This afternoon Jake Peavy tries to shut down KC with another afternoon start from The Cell. He faces Ervin Santana.
9) Cubs at Pirates, 7:05 EDT - The Pirates will feature 25% of the Astros’ payroll on the hill tonight as Wandy Rodriguez starts in game two of this series. Journeyman Edwin Jackson who the Cubs signed to a 4-year, $52 million deal in the off season will try and earn the Cubbies a second “W.”
10) Rangers at Astros, 1:10 CDT - In a series that most people thought would be of little interest we’ve had a surprising win by the young ‘Stros and then 8 2/3 innings of perfect baseball. Who knows what happens today?
Tigers at Twins, 3:10 CDT AND Marlins at Nationals, 7:05 EDT
Two predicted division winners versus two predicted division cellar dwellers. But any opportunity to watch Miguel Cabrera (2012 Triple Crown Winner and MVP) and Bryce Harper (2012 NL Rookie of the Year) is a good one.
13) Indians at Blue Jays, 7:07 EDT - The Indians defeated R.A. Dickey last night, 4-1. Tonight Ubaldo Jimenez, former Rockies star faces Brandon Morrow. Still the oddest start time in baseball.
Rockies at Brewers, 7:10 CDT - Watch it for Carlos Gonzalez of the Rockies and Ryan Braun of the Brewers
Padres at Mets, 7:10 CDT - Watch it for David Wright of the Mets and….David Wright of the Mets
- brian-haines reblogged this from mlboffseason
- texas-gurl432 likes this
- fakeasshandsommcgee likes this
- eedkin likes this
- alexistree1468 likes this
- cityaspooks likes this
- waveboy315 likes this
- sportsnetny likes this
- kyokugennyfan said: Hiroki Kuroda -.-
- screamqueeeen reblogged this from mlboffseason
- gezza58 reblogged this from mlboffseason
- butterflychloe likes this
- beautyfetishist likes this
- mlboffseason posted this